- Nehil · Sivak, P.C., Kalamazoo, Michigan 1991 – Present
- Carl Walker Engineers, Inc., Kalamazoo, Michigan 1984 – 1991
- Walker Parking Consultants, Kalamazoo, Michigan 1980 – 1984
- Bechtel Power Corporation, Ann Arbor, Michigan 1978 – 1980
Mr. Nehil is a Principal and Co-Founder of Nehil · Sivak, P.C. His duties include all phases of management and production for the firm. He directs the analysis and design of concrete, steel, masonry, and other structural systems for new facilities. He specializes in the evaluation and renovation of existing facilities in wood, masonry, steel and concrete, addressing the structural frame as well as the building envelope. He also places emphasis on analysis, design, evaluation, and repair of pre-tensioned and post-tensioned concrete structures. He is an instructor at Tillers International in Kalamazoo for timber framing and traditional stone masonry classes.
Prior to founding Nehil · Sivak, Mr. Nehil was Vice-President of Carl Walker Engineers. He acted as Principal-In-Charge of Production for the Kalamazoo Office of that firm, and Manager of the Evaluation and Restoration Group.
While with Bechtel Power Corporation, Mr. Nehil was involved in numerous analytical and design projects involving soils, masonry, steel, and concrete, both prestressed and conventionally reinforced, and held a position on the Chief Civil/Structural Engineer’s Staff.
Prior to completing his Civil Engineering degree, Mr. Nehil worked as a professional carpenter, foreman and superintendent for various construction companies in Michigan, South Carolina, and New Hampshire, with most of his experience being in renovation and remodeling of commercial and residential structures.
- Registered Professional Engineer in the State of Michigan
- Registered Professional Engineer in the State of Colorado
- Registered Professional Engineer in the State of New York
- Registered Professional Engineer in the State of Missouri
- Registered Professional Engineer in the State of Ohio
- American Concrete Institute
- Committee Member ACI-ASCE 423 – Prestressed Concrete
- Committee Member ACI 362 – Parking Structures
- Committee Member ACI 437 – Strength Evaluation of Existing Structures
- Task Force Chairman – Load Test Magnitude and Acceptance Criteria
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- Michigan Barn Preservation Network
- Michigan Historic Preservation Network
- National Trust for Historic Preservation
- Post-Tensioning Institute
- Timber Framers Guild
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering (Magna Cum Laude)
University of Michigan, 1978
- “Test Load Magnitude and Acceptance Criteria for Strength Evaluation by Means of Load Testing: Current Recommendations of American Concrete Institute Committee 437 – Strength Evaluation,” Proceedings, 2nd fib Congress, Naples, Italy, June 2006
- “Engineering Concepts for Timber Joinery Design,” Timber Framing, March 2006.
- “The Demolition Plan… And As It Really Happened, “Concrete International,June, 1996.
- “Rehabilitating Parking Structures with Corrosion-Damaged Button-Headed Post-Tensioning Tendons,” Concrete International, October, 1991, March 1992.
- “The Restoration Process from A to Z: A Case Study,” Parking, November-December 1989.
- “Protecting with Waterproofing Membranes,” The Parking Professional,January 1988.
- “Microsilica Concrete Overlays for Parking Structures,” Parking, March-April 1987.
- “Corrosion-Induced Spalling of Reinforced Concrete Parking Structures,”Parking, Summer 1981.